7VIDEO TERMS & CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions are for your protection as well as ours. Please read them carefully.
- In this document the following words shall have the following meanings:
- “Agreement” means these Terms and Conditions together with the terms of any applicable Specification Document.
- “Customer” means the organisation or person who purchases goods and services from the Supplier.
- “Specification Document” means a statement of work, quotation or other similar Document describing the goods and services to be provided by the Supplier.
- The “Supplier” means 7video Limited.
- These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all contracts for the supply of goods and services by the Supplier to the Customer.
- Before the commencement of the services the Supplier shall submit to the Customer a Specification Document which shall specify the goods and services to be supplied and the price payable. The Customer shall notify the Supplier immediately if the Customer does not agree with the contents of the Specification Document. All Specification Documents shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
3. Price and Payment
- The price for the supply of goods and services is as set out in the Specification Document.
- All projects priced over £3,000.00 will require a 50% deposit paid before works begin. The remaining balance will be invoiced once the project has been completed. Projects priced below £3,000.00 will be invoiced in full once all filming has been completed.
- Where the Customer either cancels or fails to perform its obligations under the Contract, 50% of the total invoice will be required.
- If the project is cancelled within 48 hours of filming commencing, 50% of the total invoice will be required.
- Remaining invoices shall be due and payable within 30 days of receipt of invoice. The Supplier shall be entitled to charge interest on overdue invoices from the date when payment becomes due from day to day until the date of payment at a rate of 4% per annum above the base rate of the Bank of England.
- In the event that the Customer’s procedures require that an invoice be submitted against a purchase order to payment, the Customer shall be responsible for issuing such purchase order before the goods and services are supplied.
4. Specification of the goods
- All works undertaken shall conform to the agreed Specification Document. Any amendments to the Specification Document after work has started will incur additional charges.
- Title in the Goods shall not pass to the Customer until the Supplier has been paid in full.
6. Customers’ obligations
- To enable the Supplier to perform its obligations under this Agreement the Customer shall:
- provide the Supplier with any information, artwork, graphics, scripts and imagery the Client requires to be included in the film; all copyright or licenses of such material must be obtained by the Customer.
- obtain all necessary permissions and consents which may be required before the commencement of filming.
- In the event that the Customer unlawfully terminates or cancels the goods or services agreed to in the Specification Document, the Customer shall be required to pay to the Supplier the full amount of any third party costs to which the Supplier has committed.
- In respect of cancellations of less than five working days, the Customer shall be required to pay to the Supplier the full amount of the cost of the goods and services contracted for as set out in the Specification Document.
- The Customer shall be liable to compensate the Supplier for any expenses incurred by the Supplier as a result of the Customer’s failure to comply with Clause 6.
7. Alterations to the Specification Document
- Any alterations to the Specification Document must be mutually agreed.
- The Customer may request alterations to the Specification Document by notice in writing to the Supplier. The Supplier will advise the Customer in writing of the effect of such alterations, if any, on the price and on any other terms already agreed between the parties.
- Any additional filming will be charged at the current rate.
- The Customer will receive up to three “proof” version of their video so that any alterations can be made. The Customer is then presented with a Master copy once any changes have been made. Any alterations required by the Customer after receiving the Master copy will be charged at the current hourly rate.
8. Intellectual Property Rights
- Copyright is only given to the Customer once full payment is made.
- The Customer grants the Supplier permission to use selected excerpts of the Media produced in promotional material used by the Supplier to promote its own business.
- Consent must be gained from all persons and locations included in the contract. This consent is the responsibility of the client unless agreed during the planning stage. All consent must be logged and provided to the Supplier.
10. Force Majeure
- Neither party shall be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay or failure is a result of events or circumstances outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, strikes, lock outs, accidents, war, fire, flood or the delay in supply by third parties of equipment or services.
11. Independent Contractors
- The Supplier and the Customer are contractors independent of each other and neither has the authority to bind the other to any third party or act in any way as the representative of the other.
- The Supplier may engage subcontractors to provide all or part of the services being provided and such engagement shall not relieve the Supplier of its obligations under this Agreement or any applicable Specification Document.
- Any notice to be given by either party to the other may be served by email, text, fax, or post to the address of the other party given in the Specification Document.
- The failure by either party to enforce at any time or for any period any one or more of the Terms and Conditions herein shall not be a waiver of them or of the right at any time subsequently to enforce all Terms and Conditions of this Agreement.